IT Project Manager – Payments
At nanopay, we are driven by a passion to transform the way the world moves money and have created the technology to enable a global payment network to transfer value as easily as sending a text. With Goldman Sachs as our lead investor and notoriety extending to Forbes and the Wall Street Journal, nanopay is seeking out additional high-performance individuals to help us execute on the next stage of growth.
nanopay is transforming the way the world transacts. Payments are increasingly becoming digital and the need for a Frictionless® platform that securely stores and moves money in an instant without intermediaries is essential to reducing the cost and risk associated with payments. Through technology originally developed by the Royal Canadian Mint, and perfected by us, nanopay offers a cryptographically-secured digital cash system backed by fiat currency that instantly processes payments and can be utilized across a number of use cases including B2B, cross-border, intra-company liquidity and digital cash. nanopay is based in Toronto, Canada, with a reach extending to New York, San Francisco, Waterloo, and soon Lithuania and Europe.
- Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners.
- Accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering assigned strategic projects, including all business, operational and IT deliverables.
- Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix business, corporate and IT partners to oversee all phases of the project, and to ensure that related project processes are completed as required (including, as applicable, change management, process management, transition to business/operations, system development, quality management, etc.)
- Within the context of the assigned project, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with stakeholders at various levels of the organization, including executive level, as well as other internal and external resources.
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit. Ensures there is a clear linkage between the business vision/context and the project scope and objectives.
- Chairs regular core team and key governance forums (e.g. Steering Committees, Operating Committees, Decision Forums) to review progress with key constituents.
- Represents the interests of the project or program in various project governance and inter-department forums.
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Develops or ensures the development of project artefacts including charter, integrated plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related PM artefacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards (e.g. Project Management, Risk, Audit, Compliance). Monitors and controls the project.
- Proposes recommendations and adjustments to the Accountable Executive and publishes periodic project status reports.
- Contributes to improve the best practices of the project management community within the Enterprise to help drive consistency, transparency and execution excellence on projects.
Project Manager – Mandatory Skills
- 5+ years’ experience running and facilitating agile rituals – stands-up, sprints, etc.
- 5+ years’ collecting agile metrics – velocity, cadence, and burn-down etc.
- 5+ years’ experience facilitating agile epics, building stories, and decomposing the work
- Relationship management and consulting skills.
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively.
- Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills which bring clarity and precision at executive levels.
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. Understanding of project management skills.
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, ms project, sharepoint repositories, systems development life cycle (sdlc) if applicable).
Project Manager – Nice to Have Skills
- PMP Certification/ Scrum Master
- Payments Domain and Banking experience (exchange, clearing, settlement) and also Central Banks operating models and/or aggregators (i.e. Interac)
- Fintrac/OSFI/FINCEN and/or other global regulators experience (AML/Fraud and RIsk management)
- Document writing skills (technical / processes mapping, decks)
- Spanish and/or French