Manager, Payment Operations
Do you want to join a fast-growing company with huge potential? At nanopay, we are reimagining payments and building the future of frictionless® global transactions. We are a team of smart, creative individuals who are passionate about the roles we play to achieve our company’s vision of leading the world’s transition to digital cash. We are always looking for highly motivated, world-class people to help us make this vision a reality.
Founded in 2013, nanopay is a global payments technology company based in Toronto, offering payments for businesses and liquidity management for banks. We are transforming domestic and cross-border payments, and helping banks release millions in trapped capital through our real-time intercompany liquidity solution. Our technology differentiates us–built on hybrid blockchain technology, our platform improves throughput, simplifies governance, and reduces cost. Our scalable and unique solution earned nanopay the coveted title of Blockchain Company of the Year in 2019. Our vision to digitize money for central banks inspires us, as we build the infrastructure to enable what’s more commonly known as Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC).
As a member of the Payment Operations Team, you will support the execution of the payment functions within our core business activities. This includes:
- Managing payment operations relationships with financial institutions and aggregators globally;
- Ensuring payment files and remittances are processed accurately and on a timely basis;
- Managing foreign exchange positions in Vostro accounts in a cost effective manner;
- Managing daily bank account reconciliations and ensuring adjustments are appropriately processed;
- Managing processes for billing and collections;
- Designing and monitoring reports and dashboards that capture deep insights into our business through various indicators;
- Partnering with various teams to identify gaps, examine opportunities, and model improvements against speed, cost, and acceptance;
- Collaborating with Product and Software Development teams to build out critical tools, automate routine work where possible, and address longer-term or recurring issues;
- Owning payment issues from beginning to end, working with internal teams and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion;
- Supporting implementation teams within payments and across the entire company as a subject matter expert on operational matters; and
- Providing guidance on payment rules, regulations and rails as the company grows and connects into various payment systems.
Who are you?
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, or related program, or equivalent industry experience; graduate degree a plus;
- Experience and knowledge in the payments industry is essential. Generally, we’d expect a candidate to have a minimum of five years of experience in a similar role in payments operations or Treasury, with experience and/or exposure that includes:
- Working knowledge of EFT and ACH. Knowledge of payments networks in Europe, Asia and LATAM desirable;
- Processing cross-border payments, understanding of operating regulations in cross-border payments and faster payment networks;
- Managing processing accounts, reconciliation and reporting; and
- Analyzing payment processing cycles with an eye towards efficiency and effectiveness within a cross-functional organization.
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships and working collaboratively across teams;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work well under deadlines and manage multiple priorities;
- Self-starter, ability to motivate, collaborate, and work successfully in a team environment;
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills;
- Experience with Google Sheets; and
- Nice to have: Portuguese, Spanish, or French language skills.
nanopay Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know when submitting your application or email email@example.com.