Analyst, Quality Assurance
Do you want to join a fast-growing company with huge potential? At nanopay, we are reimagining payments and building the future of frictionless® global transactions. We are a team of smart, creative individuals who are passionate about the roles we play to achieve our company’s vision of leading the world’s transition to digital cash. We are always looking for highly motivated, world-class people to help us make this vision a reality.
Founded in 2013, nanopay is a global payments technology company based in Toronto, offering payments for businesses and liquidity management for banks. We are transforming domestic and cross-border payments, and helping banks release millions in trapped capital through our real-time intercompany liquidity solution. Our technology differentiates us–built on hybrid blockchain technology, our platform improves throughput, simplifies governance, and reduces cost. Our scalable and unique solution earned nanopay the coveted title of Blockchain Company of the Year in 2019. Our vision to digitize money for central banks inspires us, as we build the infrastructure to enable what’s more commonly known as Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC).
As part of the Quality Assurance (QA) Team, you will be part of the team testing nanopay’s software and you will be responsible for increasing our test coverage, building and maintaining test case suites and our automation code base. This includes:
- Working independently as a fully engaged member of a SCRUM team, testing stories developed in the sprint;
- Supporting all testing activities related to manual and automation testing of stories developed in the sprint;
- Developing product knowledge of our application and using this knowledge to uncover defects and driving up test coverage;
- Interacting with stakeholders, end users, and technical resources to gather requirements and prepare test specifications;
- Identifying and communicating technical problems, processes, solutions and completing unit testing;
- Creating and executing test plans consisting of functional, system, regression and integration test suites;
- Building and maintaining the test case, and writing test cases for various types of testing that will cover web applications and API;
- Performing system level regression testing to ensure product readiness for release cycles;
- Working with Product stakeholders, software developers, and other stakeholders to ensure all aspects of the application have proper test coverage and overall system reliability, performance and quality standards are met; and
- Documenting quality assurance activities and creating QA-related reports.
Who are you?
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, college certificate or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related field, or a combination of equivalent work experience and education;
- At least four years of experience in quality assurance and testing web applications, ideally with an understanding of banking and/or payments;
- Deep experience with JIRA, Jenkins, Postman, Git and Bitbucket;
- Demonstrated ability to write deterministic automation scenarios and experience in scripting and/or programming languages;
- Experience writing Java code, implementing coding best practices and design patterns;
- Deep knowledge and experience in API Testing and Selenium Testing;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented collaborative entrepreneurial environment;
- Demonstrated ability to own, prioritize, be accountable and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner;
- Strong ability to manage time to balance exploratory/session-based/scenario-based testing and automation development commitments, all while helping QA meet their sprint commitments;
nanopay Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know when submitting your application or email email@example.com.