Do you want to join a fast-growing company with huge potential? At nanopay, we are reimagining payments and building the future of frictionless® global transactions. We are a team of smart, creative individuals who are passionate about the roles we play to achieve our company’s vision of leading the world’s transition to digital cash. We are always looking for highly motivated, world-class people to help us make this vision a reality.
Founded in 2013, nanopay is a global payments technology company based in Toronto, offering payments for businesses and liquidity management for banks. We are transforming domestic and cross-border payments, and helping banks release millions in trapped capital through our real-time intercompany liquidity solution. Our technology differentiates us–built on hybrid blockchain technology, our platform improves throughput, simplifies governance, and reduces cost. Our scalable and unique solution earned nanopay the coveted title of Blockchain Company of the Year in 2019. Our vision to digitize money for central banks inspires us, as we build the infrastructure to enable what’s more commonly known as Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC).
As part of the Development Team, and working closely with the Design and Product teams, you’ll work on the front-end of our products as they adapt in the fast-paced changing world of Fintech. You will help to bridge the gap between the best practices of design and engineering, to enable the high quality execution of our platform’s innovative features to a global user base. This includes:
- Working closely with the design team, product managers and back-end engineers to implement elegant and reusable front-end solutions across our products;
- Finding flexible solutions to complex problems that address both the user and the businesses needs;
- Acting as a champion of user-driven front-end development and establishing best practice standards and education programs within the engineering team;
- Working to advance the field of model-driven user interface creation, while producing and delivering educational material for those advancements;
- Developing applications using a model-driven approach and tools; and
- Identifying and communicating technical problems, processes, solutions and completing unit testing.
Who are you?
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar work experience;
- At least five years experience in UI software development;
- Proficiency with multiple UI libraries & front-end frameworks;
- Passion for design and an understanding of the importance that design plays in product implementation;
- Understanding of and experience with MVC;
- Advanced understanding of front-end best practices and modern front-end development techniques;
- Strong programming ability; and
- Also beneficial: Java; experience with modelling tools, with a preference for Google’s FOAM Modelling Framework, data-structures, design-patterns, reactive programming, or experience with implementing design systems at scale.
As part of your application, please include link(s) to your portfolio, GitHub, and/or live links to projects you have worked on.
nanopay Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know when submitting your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org.