Manager, Payment Operations
Do you want to join a fast-growing company with huge potential? At nanopay, we are driven by a passion to transform the way the world moves money, by creating a global payment network to transfer value as easily as sending a text. Our technology team is literally building a next generation operating system for money. With Goldman Sachs as our lead investor, and notoriety extending to Forbes and the Wall Street Journal, nanopay is seeking out additional high performance individuals to help us execute on the next stage of growth.
nanopay is transforming the way the world transacts. Payments are increasingly becoming digital and the need for a Frictionless® platform that securely stores and moves money in an instant without intermediaries is essential to reducing the cost and risk associated with payments. Through technology originally developed by the Royal Canadian Mint, and perfected by us, nanopay offers a cryptographically-secured digital cash system backed by fiat currency that instantly processes payments and can be utilized across a number of use cases including B2B, cross-border, intra-company liquidity and digital cash. nanopay is based in Toronto, Canada, with a reach extending to New York, San Francisco, Waterloo, and soon Lithuania and Europe.
- Manage payment operations relationships with financial institutions and aggregators globally.
- Ensure payment files and remittances are processed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Manage cost effectively foreign exchange positions in Vostro accounts.
- Manage daily bank account reconciliations and ensure adjustments appropriately processed.
- Manage processes for billing and collections
- Design and monitor reports and dashboards that capture deep insights into our business through various indicators.
- Partner with various teams to identify gaps, examine opportunities, and model improvements against speed, cost, and acceptance.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to build-out critical tools, automate routine work where possible, and address longer-term or recurring issues.
- Own payment issues from beginning to end, working with internal teams and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion.
- Support implementation teams within payments and across the entire company as a subject matter expert on operational matters.
- Provide guidance on payment rules, regulations and rails as the company grows and connects into various payment systems.
Who are you?
- Payment Processing: Solid experience in payment processing for financial institutions, merchant acquirers, card processors or other payment gateways. Working knowledge of EFT, ACH. Knowledge of payments networks in Europe, Asia and LATAM desirable.
- Cross-border Remittance: Experience in processing cross-border payments, understanding of operating regulations in cross-border payments and faster payment networks.
- Accounting: Experience in managing processing accounts, reconciliation and reporting.
- Problem Solving Skills: Ability to solve problems individually and in a team environment. Strong, team-oriented leadership skills. Able to proactively detect, identify, frame and solve issues and make decisions. Strong initiative. Solid business acumen.
- Relationship Building: Ability to forge and build excellent relationship with processing banks, payout partners and gateway operators.
- Communication Skills: Strong communicator. Adept at communicating payment operations strategy and execution to team members and executives. Ability to communicate in an open and candid manner in all situations.
- Analytics: Strong critical thinking skills. Experience applying various methodologies or practices to assess processes, business issues and people. Ability to extract key messages from detail and translate into audience appropriate messages. Strong editing skills.
- Process Improvement Skills: Ability to analyze payment processing cycles with an eye towards efficiency and effectiveness within a cross-functional organization. Effective in implementing new and improved processes.
- Undergraduate degree from a top institution; graduate degree a plus
- 5-6 years in a similar role in payment operations or Treasury
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively across teams
- Experience and knowledge in the payments industry is essential
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work well under deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Self-starter, ability to motivate, collaborate, and work successfully in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
**no recruiters please**