Do you want to join a fast-growing company with huge upside; such a great opportunity that the lead investor is Goldman Sachs? At nanopay, we are driven by a passion to transform the way the world moves money by creating a global payment network to transfer value as easily as sending a text. And, we’re getting noticed – Forbes and WSJ are writing about us to name a few.
nanopay is a Fintech company with its head office based in downtown Toronto, and offices in New York, Waterloo and a presence in San Francisco. Payments are increasingly becoming digital and the need for a frictionless® platform that securely stores and moves money in an instant without intermediaries is essential to reducing the cost and risk of payments. Meet nanopay — we are transforming the way the world transacts. Purchased from the Royal Canadian Mint and designed by Dr. David Everett, one of the world’s foremost leaders in digital currency, the nanopay platform is a cryptographically secured digital cash system, backed by fiat currency, that instantly processes payments across a number of use cases, including cross-border, B2B, capital markets and digital cash.
As Product Owner, you are responsible for working with product leadership to understand requirements, build user stories, manage functional dependencies, and work with developers to deliver product features and/or project to the client. You will define the product/project scope and objectives with a team, and oversee and coordinate all aspects of a project, plan and direct schedules as well as project budgets. You will manage the overall timeline, issues, risks for the product/project and communicate status to project sponsors and the leadership team. You are expected to have a “hands-on” business analysis style with project management skills. You will provide Agile mentoring and coaching for the team to develop an iterative, continuous approach to feature delivery and team workflow. You are an excellent communicator, and are proficient in motivating and leading others through vision and strategic positioning.
You are great at:
- Developing detailed work plans, schedules, user stories, and status reports.
- Facilitating planning, daily stand-ups and retrospectives
- Managing the integration, review and tracking of vendor tasks and deliverables
- Executing on and directing the analysis of solutions to problems
- Providing visibility to team impediments/risks and helping to eliminate them
- Acting as the main source for user story detail and priorities
- Helping the team achieve project goals while partnering with the Product Manager on overall business goals
What it takes:
- BS CS or equivalent technical education
- 2 year experience as a Business Analyst, Product Owner or Project Manager
- Experience within Financial Services industry including banking, wealth management, investment management, asset data and/or investment processing
- Grasp of good design principles and technical trade-offs
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks to ensure timely delivery of the Sprints
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- Agile project management training or experience
- Excellent communication skills