CEO/Country Head, Lithuania
nanopay Lithuania – CEO / Country Manager:
At nanopay, we are driven by a passion to transform the way the world moves money and have created the technology to enable a global payment network to transfer value as easily as sending a text. With Goldman Sachs as our lead investor and notoriety extending to Forbes and the Wall Street Journal, nanopay is seeking out additional high-performance individuals to help us execute on the next stage of growth.
nanopay is transforming the way the world transacts. Payments are increasingly becoming digital and the need for a Frictionless® platform that securely stores and moves money in an instant without intermediaries is essential to reducing the cost and risk associated with payments. Through technology originally developed by the Royal Canadian Mint, and perfected by us, nanopay offers a cryptographically-secured digital cash system backed by fiat currency that instantly processes payments and can be utilized across a number of use cases including B2B, cross-border, intra-company liquidity and digital cash. nanopay is based in Toronto, Canada, with a reach extending to New York, San Francisco, Waterloo, and soon Lithuania and Europe.
We are seeking a motivated and entrepreneurial, mid- to senior-level professional to lead the establishment and launch of nanopay’s effort in Lithuania as a licensed Electronic Money Institution (EMI) and to spearhead our efforts within Lithuania and throughout the European continent.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Aid in the establishment of nanopay Lithuania, including but not limited to:
- Office search / set-up
- Business planning
- Hiring of additional employees (IT / Information Security; Compliance; Risk Management, Payment operations)
- Interaction with Lithuanian regulatory body / Bank of Lithuania for application inquiry and completion
- Responsible for the P&L of nanopay Lithuania and the general proliferation and success of the product offering and brand within Lithuania and throughout Europe
- Manage day-to-day operations of the business
- Sit on the management board of nanopay Lithuania and aid in strategic decision making
- Provide monthly / quarterly reports to nanopay Holdings’ management / Board regarding nanopay Lithuania, performance, initiatives, etc.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Lithuanian / other European regulatory bodies, legal advisors, business consultants, third parties, and other interested parties
- Manage a team of agile and highly skilled professionals working within Lithuania who will aid in the success of nanopay’s operations
- Collaborate with nanopay employees in North American to produce and implement budgets, financial measures, KPIs and milestones
- Other general management responsibilities typically assigned to senior level employees
- Graduate of a top tier university / MBA program
- 5+ years in a senior executive role within a financial institution, fintech company, and/or payments related company
- Experience with regulation and compliance of a registered financial services company
- Clear and demonstrated people and business management acumen
- Native speaking Lithuanian; proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Able to communicate complex topics / concepts clearly and concisely
- Established track record of execution in management roles
- Independent and entrepreneurial; able to work effectively with small and large teams
- Regulatory / technical background would be an asset
- Competitive salary
- Stock options in nanopay