Do you want to join a fast-growing company with huge upside; such a great opportunity that the lead investor is Goldman Sachs? At nanopay, we are driven by a passion to transform the way the world moves money by creating a global payment network to transfer value as easily as sending a text. And, we’re getting noticed – Forbes and WSJ are writing about us to name a few.
nanopay is a Fintech company with its head office based in downtown Toronto, offices in New York, Waterloo and a presence in San Francisco. Payments are increasingly becoming digital and the need for a frictionless® platform that securely stores and moves money in an instant without intermediaries is essential to reducing the cost and risk of payments. Meet nanopay — we are transforming the way the world transacts. Purchased from the Royal Canadian Mint and designed by Dr. David Everett, one of the world’s foremost leaders in digital currency, the nanopay platform is a cryptographically secured digital cash system, backed by fiat currency, that instantly processes payments across a number of use cases, including cross-border, B2B, capital markets and digital cash.
Performance, reliability, uptime, and scalability of our cloud infrastructure is critical for our customers’ success. This role will have a direct impact on ensuring that we exceed our customers’ expectations. In this role on the DevOps team you will have responsibilities designing, supporting, and automating the infrastructure that powers our products. This role will collaborate with our Development, IT, QA, and Business teams to develop and implement tools and processes that simplify deployments, enhance monitoring and alerting capabilities, and resolve problems in an efficient and timely manner.
We are looking for candidates with a strong and technical background that take the initiative to work cross functionally to improve our product and infrastructure.
Candidates must have a deep understanding of cloud based architectures, automation toolsets, and Agile software development processes. They should have a passion for learning and experimenting with new technologies to determine best practices and standard operating procedures. In addition, candidates should have the ability to design, implement and test system integration across different tools through research and experimentation.
- Research, recommend, and build new tools and functionality for automation;
- Drive operational readiness assessments for product releases by working cross functionally with software engineering teams and participating in sprints;
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on deployments, processes and standard operating procedures;
- Investigate failures, identify root cause, and implement remedy for continuous operational improvement;
- Propose new initiatives, technologies, processes or improvements to the cloud product and supporting infrastructure;
- Conduct research to evaluate new technologies or concepts and determine the feasibility of applying these new technologies or concepts to the product;
- Troubleshoot issues escalated from the support and engineering teams, and provide a resolution within a timely manner that minimizes customer impact; and
- Mentor other senior and mid-level engineers by providing technical guidance and constructive feedback.
- Understanding and hands on experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery systems;
- Ability to identify and solve problems in an optimal and efficient way;
- Automating infrastructure using AWS;
- Precise written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be self-motivated with little need for supervisor intervention; and
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.