Do you want to join a fast-growing company with huge potential? At nanopay, we are driven by a passion to transform the way the world moves money, by creating a global payment network to transfer value as easily as sending a text. Our technology team is literally building a next generation operating system for money. With Goldman Sachs as our lead investor, and notoriety extending to Forbes and the Wall Street Journal, nanopay is seeking out additional high performance individuals to help us execute on the next stage of growth.
nanopay is transforming the way the world transacts. Payments are increasingly becoming digital and the need for a Frictionless® platform that securely stores and moves money in an instant without intermediaries is essential to reducing the cost and risk associated with payments. Through technology originally developed by the Royal Canadian Mint, and perfected by us, nanopay offers a cryptographically-secured digital cash system backed by fiat currency that instantly processes payments and can be utilized across a number of use cases including B2B, cross-border, intra-company liquidity and digital cash. nanopay is based in Toronto, Canada, with a reach extending to New York, San Francisco, Waterloo, and soon Lithuania and Europe.
As a member of the Design Team, you will be part of the team aiming to be one of the best in class examples of a modern design organization, supporting nanopay’s growth and development by:
- Understanding the end goal first;
- Doing what is right, not what is easy;
- Balancing the familiar with the modern;
- Designing for trust;
- Keeping it simple; and
- Designing for scale.
Who are you?
- Post-secondary education in a related field;
- At least two to four years experience in product design;
- Experience in visual design: demonstrating an understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy while contributing to design projects;
- Understanding of user experience design, including information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows, as well as considering potential edge states and their impact on users;
- Ability to execute process, while ensuring a strong understanding of the company and product vision by working closely with other members of the design, product and development teams;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to facilitate communication between the design, product, and development teams; and
- Desire to work collaboratively as a team, seeking and providing feedback, to grow and develop as a Product Designer.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with designing in the payments, crypto or blockchain space;
- Understanding of design patterns in MVC frameworks; and
- Experience with / and or understanding of design systems.