Software Developer, Application Security
Do you want to join a fast-growing company with huge potential? At nanopay, we are driven by a passion to transform the way the world moves money, by creating a global payment network to transfer value as easily as sending a text. Our technology team is literally building a next generation operating system for money. With Goldman Sachs as our lead investor, and notoriety extending to Forbes and the Wall Street Journal, nanopay is seeking out additional high performance individuals to help us execute on the next stage of growth.
nanopay is transforming the way the world transacts. Payments are increasingly becoming digital and the need for a Frictionless® platform that securely stores and moves money in an instant without intermediaries is essential to reducing the cost and risk associated with payments. Through technology originally developed by the Royal Canadian Mint, and perfected by us, nanopay offers a cryptographically-secured digital cash system backed by fiat currency that instantly processes payments and can be utilized across a number of use cases including B2B, cross-border, intra-company liquidity and digital cash. nanopay is based in Toronto, Canada, with a reach extending to New York, San Francisco, Waterloo, and soon Lithuania and Europe.
As a member of the Development Team, you will be part of the team helping to validate that our services, applications, and websites are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. This includes:
- Analyzing the security of applications and services;
- Discovering and addressing security issues;
- Building security automation;
- Reacting quickly to new threat scenarios; and
- Acting as a leader in the area of application security.
Who are you?
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Development, or similar;
- At least eight years experience in software security development;
- Development experience (coding, code reviews, documentation);
- Knowledge of unique security risks and capabilities with IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate security concerns and issues to non-technical audiences;
- Experience driving compliance audits for SOC2 and similar (best practices, OWASP, etc.); and
- Skilled in mentoring or leading others in the area of application security.