Product Owner/Scrum Master – Cash and Liquidity Management
Do you want to join a fast-growing company with huge potential? At nanopay, we are driven by a passion to transform the way the world moves money, by creating a global payment network to transfer value as easily as sending a text. Our technology team is literally building a next generation operating system for money. With Goldman Sachs as our lead investor, and notoriety extending to Forbes and the Wall Street Journal, nanopay is seeking out additional high performance individuals to help us execute on the next stage of growth.
nanopay is transforming the way the world transacts. Payments are increasingly becoming digital and the need for a Frictionless® platform that securely stores and moves money in an instant without intermediaries is essential to reducing the cost and risk associated with payments. Through technology originally developed by the Royal Canadian Mint, and perfected by us, nanopay offers a cryptographically-secured digital cash system backed by fiat currency that instantly processes payments and can be utilized across a number of use cases including B2B, cross-border, intra-company liquidity and digital cash. nanopay is based in Toronto, Canada, with a reach extending to New York, San Francisco, Waterloo, and soon Lithuania and Europe.
As a member of the Product Team, you will be responsible for working with product leadership to understand requirements, build user stories, manage functional dependencies, and work with developers to deliver product features and/or projects to the client. You will manage the overall timeline, issues, risks for the product/project and communicate status to project sponsors and the leadership team. Acting as the main source for user story detail and priorities, you will help the team achieve product goals while partnering with product leadership on overall business goals. This includes:
- Defining the product/project scope and objectives with a team, and oversee and coordinate all aspects of a project, including planning and directing schedules as well as project budgets;
- Developing detailed work plans, schedules, user stories, and status reports;
- Facilitating planning, daily stand-ups and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives;
- Managing the integration, review and tracking of vendor tasks and deliverables;
- Executing and directing the analysis of solutions to problems;
- Understanding visibility to team impediments/risks and helping to eliminate them; and
- Providing Agile mentoring and coaching for the team to develop an iterative, continuous approach to feature delivery and team workflow.
Who are you?
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related program;
- Minimum three years of experience as a Business Analyst, Product Owner or Project Manager;
- Experience within Financial Services industry including banking, wealth management, treasury or cash management;
- Detail oriented with project management experience including the ability to organize and prioritize tasks to ensure timely delivery of deliverables;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, with the ability to motivate and lead others through vision and strategic positioning;
- Grasp of good design principles and technical trade-offs;
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker; and
- Certified Product Owner/Certified Scrum Master designation and/or agile project management training are assets.