Director, Technology Operations
At nanopay, we are passionate about the roles we play to achieve our company’s ambitious, but achievable, mission to lead the world’s transition to digital cash. Our core values: people first, integrity, and innovation, inspire our work, our products and our industry. From our cool office, to stock options, to summer hours, we thrive in the present, and build for the future. Are you ready to help us build the foundation for the future of global transactions?
nanopay is a global payments technology company offering payment and liquidity management products for businesses and banks. We are privately funded, led by the Merchant Banking Division of Goldman Sachs. Our technology differentiates us, as our platform is built on a next-generation Centralized Ledger Technology (CLT) that improves throughput, simplifies governance, and reduces cost. nanopay is based in Toronto, Canada, with a reach extending to New York, San Francisco, Waterloo, and soon Lithuania and Europe.
As a member of the Operations team, you will serve as the strategic technology partner collaborating with nanopay’s leadership team ensuring that the production systems, services (including external), and infrastructure work reliably and securely – monitoring system stability and performance. You will also directly support end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues on a 24x7x365 production environment. In this role you will report to the VP, Global Payment Operations, with a dotted line relationship to the Chief Technology Officer. You will also be responsible for:
- Owning and managing all aspects of the end-to-end release management process and lifecycle, and building, developing, and leading a high-performance organization in such a way that business, operations, compliance, product and sales targets can be obtained on time with outstanding quality standards;
- Driving partner and vendor integrations with your team by aligning requirements and setting priorities with stakeholders;
- Communicating all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes, including release reports;
- Conducting Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews, and producing Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans, in addition to leading and coordinating the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists;
- Developing scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms;
- Proposing new initiatives, technologies, processes or improvements to the cloud product and supporting infrastructure and conducting research to evaluate new technologies or concepts and determine the feasibility of applying these new technologies or concepts to the product; and
- Troubleshooting issues escalated from the support and engineering teams, and provide a resolution within a timely manner (within agreed SLAs) that minimizes customer impact.
Who are you?
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Science or a related field;
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development;
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred);
- Advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle, business processes, requirements gathering, design, configuration, testing of systems and release management;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with thorough attention to detail. Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Proven leadership abilities with an emphasis on collaboration and executive stakeholder management to gain their confidence and support;
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion, demonstrating accountability and holding others accountable, while managing multiple priorities; and
Nice to Have
Top candidates must also possess and maintain an extensive and fundamental technical knowledge of electronic payments, including integration capabilities, fees, pricing schedules, rules and regulations, risk, compliance standards, solutions (including hardware and software options), as well as emerging payment technologies.