Do you want to join a fast-growing company with huge potential? At nanopay, we are reimagining payments and building the future of frictionless® global transactions. We are a team of smart, creative individuals who are passionate about the roles we play to achieve our company’s vision of leading the world’s transition to digital cash. We are always looking for highly motivated, world-class people to help us make this vision a reality.
Founded in 2013, nanopay is a global payments technology company based in Toronto, offering payments for businesses and liquidity management for banks. We are transforming domestic and cross-border payments, and helping banks release millions in trapped capital through our real-time intercompany liquidity solution. Our technology differentiates us–built on hybrid blockchain technology, our platform improves throughput, simplifies governance, and reduces cost. Our scalable and unique solution earned nanopay the coveted title of Blockchain Company of the Year in 2019. Our vision to digitize money for central banks inspires us, as we build the infrastructure to enable what’s more commonly known as Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC).
As a member of the Payment Operations Team, with a dotted line to the Research and Development team, you will be supporting nanopay in optimizing our technology systems to ensure that Business Critical Systems work reliably and securely in a 24x7x365 Cross-border and National Payment Infrastructure landscape as we scale. This includes:
- Applying classic DevOps Engineering practices by being involved in development, operational support, monitoring, automating, building, testing, and delivering high-quality solutions for the organization;
- Delivering business critical payment systems for clients;
- Managing post-implementation operational support, incidents and day-to-day operations;
- Managing technology change requests and delivery thereof;
- Managing routine releases;
- Partnering with the Quality Assurance team in supporting automated testing to enable strategic Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment release process capability and pipelines;
- Developing application and infrastructure monitoring; and
- Providing client feedback to relevant business functions to enhance current operations, product and technology.
Who are you?
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar;
- AWS certification completed or in progress with hands-on knowledge;
- At least three years of experience in DevOps in fast-paced environments;
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Excellent collaboration skills; and
- Also beneficial: Understanding and/or experience with modelling tools, with a preference for Google’s FOAM Modelling Framework, MVC, data-structures, design-patterns, parsing, UML, 2D computer graphics, parse-combinators, reactive programming, or published research in the area of software modelling.
nanopay Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know when submitting your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org.