Product Owner/Product Manager – Multiple Roles
Do you want to join a fast-growing company with huge potential? At nanopay, we are reimagining payments and building the future of frictionless® global transactions. We are a team of smart, creative individuals who are passionate about the roles we play to achieve our company’s vision of leading the world’s transition to digital cash. We are always looking for highly motivated, world-class people to help us make this vision a reality.
Founded in 2013, nanopay is a global payments technology company based in Toronto, offering payments for businesses and liquidity management for banks. We are transforming domestic and cross-border payments, and helping banks release millions in trapped capital through our real-time intercompany liquidity solution. Our technology differentiates us–built on hybrid blockchain technology, our platform improves throughput, simplifies governance, and reduces cost. Our scalable and unique solution earned nanopay the coveted title of Blockchain Company of the Year in 2019. Our vision to digitize money for central banks inspires us, as we build the infrastructure to enable what’s more commonly known as Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC).
Our Product Team is growing and we’re looking to have some new people join our team! We’re looking to have individuals with experience in the payments space, likely developed in the financial services industry, at a fintech startup, or at a similar organization, join our team as a Product Owner and Product Manager. We’ve decided to post these roles in a combined posting as we believe there will be a lot of overlap in skills and experience between both roles and we’d love to learn about your experience! Both roles will be hands-on, reporting to the Director of Product, and we’re looking for positive team players who are passionate about our product, living and breathing it day-to-day if you’re selected to join our team!
At a high level, the Product Owner will be responsible for:
- Defining the product/project scope and objectives with a team, and overseeing and coordinating all aspects of a project, including planning and directing schedules as well as project budgets;
- Developing detailed work plans, schedules, user stories, and status reports;
- Facilitating planning, daily stand-ups, and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives;
- Managing the integration, review, and tracking of vendor tasks and deliverables;
- Executing and directing the analysis of solutions to problems;
- Understanding visibility to team impediments/risks and helping to eliminate them; and
- Providing Agile mentoring and coaching for the team to develop an iterative, continuous approach to feature delivery and team workflow.
At a high level, the Product Manager will be responsible for:
- Owning a specific product or market channel;
- Gathering requirements and creating specifications for the development team;
- Mapping out the minimum viable product and measuring core success metrics to continually iterate and improve future phases of the product;
- Assessing product market competition by comparing the nanopay’s product to the products of our competitors; and
- Working with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
Who are you?
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business, Computer Science or a related program, or the equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Three to five years of experience within the financial services industry which could include banking, wealth management, treasury/cash management, merchant services, technology payment providers, and/or fintech. If you have relevant payments experience outside of those areas, we’d love to learn more about it;
- Well-rounded experience as a Product Manager and/or Product Owner including the ability to understand the technical details relevant to the product experience and to provide feedback on product design/UX;
- Detail-oriented with project management experience including the ability to organize and prioritize tasks to ensure timely delivery of deliverables;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, with the ability to motivate and lead others cross-functionally;
- Grasp of good design principles and technical trade-offs and the ability to provide feedback on product design/UX;
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker; and
- Certified Product Owner/Certified Scrum Master designations and/or agile project management training are assets.
Nice to Have
- The ability to provide at least one sample of an effective requirements document delivered in the past.
nanopay Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know when submitting your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org.